Choose the Correct Diagnosis Code and Determine Dental vs. Medical Billing - On Demand Access
Distinguishing between dental and medical billing may sometimes be unclear. Understanding a patient’s plan benefits and the nature of the procedure will assist in determining which steps to take next. Analyzing documentation, incorporating medical history and determining the most appropriate diagnosis code are key elements to trigger coverage and reimbursement. This 90-minute webinar will provide knowledge of how to choose the correct diagnosis code and how to cross-code between medical and dental while reviewing documentation tips that will support medical necessity.
At the conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Locate the correct diagnosis codes for patients at risk with a summary of oral infections to corresponding diagnostic codes.
- Distinguish between dental and medical insurance billing and which is more appropriate based on specific OMS procedures.
- Analyze provider documentation with integration of medical history to apply the appropriate diagnosis.
- Review documentation tips to write letters supporting medical necessity.
- Discuss how to report accurately ICD-10-CM diagnostic codes for every patient.
- Demonstrate improved documentation skills to justify treatments rather than to just recommend treatments.
An Internet-based CDE/CME Activity
Original Release Date: February 10th, 2021
Expiration Date: February 10th, 2024
Estimated time to complete this educational activity: 1.5 hours
Method of participation: Self-Study
Christine Taxin is founder and president of Links2Success, a practice management consulting company for the dental and medical fields. Before starting her own consulting company, Ms. Taxin served as an administrator of a critical care department at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City and managed an extensive multi-specialty dental practice in New York. With more than 25 years’ experience as a practice management professional, she now provides private practice consulting services, delivers continuing education seminars for dental and medical professionals as well as serves as an adjunct professor at the New York University College of Dentistry and residency programs for Maimonides Medical Center.
Relevant Conflict of Interest Disclosure: No Relevant Conflict of Interest Disclosures were reported.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|